Broken - The Woman Underneath
Broken - The Woman Underneath debuted at the prestigious Salmagundi Art Club, NYC in January 2020.
This mixed media print series The Woman Underneath takes a hyper-realistic approach to explore women's true identity underneath layers of synthetic textures: Cracked and finally Broken through.
Because of self- or societal-imposed expectations to be "good," "pretty," or "successful," and "having it all;" I cannot recall when we actually see women, including myself, as simply who we are, without the many layers of artifice.
To represent this concept, I digitally manipulated real life textures into "skins," which I then blended with my hand-drawn illustration of the subject. Despite the hard shell look, and sometimes porous surface, each texture was chosen to accent the woman’s emotional state. Sometimes they blended perfectly, other times they looked just like an ill-fitted body armor that locks us in.
Broken is the second work in the two work series, the first is Cracked.
• This artwork is created by 1 layer of watercolor mixed with 2 layers of ink illustration and digital textures, then digitally printed on gallery-grade aluminum dibond metal.
• You will see paper textures and pencil marks on the print and it is normal!
• Size: 20" x 24"
• Limited edition of 10 and each comes with a signed certificate via email.
• It is unframed and comes with a hanging device on the backside of the dibond.
• Back stamp confirming the edition number you just purchased is also printed on the backside of the aluminum dibond. If you choose, I can also add your name to the back stamp to show ownership :)
• You can choose to add your name to the back stamp.
• This is a made-to-order piece so please give me 10 - 14 business days to ship to you. Tracking number will be provided once it's shipped.
All dibond art prints are digital copies of original artworks created by me.I'm a mixed media artist so I work with both hand painting as well as digital textures, and photography.All dibond art prints come with signed certificate via email validating the edition number you just purchased.Dibond art print comes with hanging wire so framing is not necessary You can also add your name to the back stamp to show ownership. Please spell your name correctly in the ORDER SPECIAL INSTRUCTION box at checkout.
• Each dibond print is made-to-order, so please give me 3-5 business days. I will email you the tracking number once the artwork is shipped.
• Order Related Inquiries | firstname.lastname@example.org | Please give me 48 hours to get back to you 💕
• Dibond prints will be delivered directly from my printer based in Juniper, FL warehouse. If the dibond prints are in stock, I will ship directly from my studio in Weehawken NJ.
• All other Original Artworks or Home Decor Watercolor Prints will be shipped directly from my studio.
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
Standard Shipping Within USA via USPS Priority Mail and will take 3-7 business days. Due to Covid-19, please account for extra days for the artwork to arrive.
International Shipping will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail International calculated at the checkout. Average shipping time is 6-12 business days. Due to Covid-19, please account for extra days for the artwork to arrive.
• The buyer is responsible for any duties or taxes imposed by their country.
Or if you are located in Asia, my artwork can also be purchased from Tricera JP Gallery
If you are based in Europe, my artwork can be purchased from Saatchi Art
I gladly accept cancellation and refund within 48 hours after purchase. Please email me your order number and cancellation/refund request to email@example.comIf your dibond art print arrives damaged, please take photos and email me immediately within 24 hours to receive full refund.
Return & Exchanges
Unfortunately, I do not accept returns or exchanges of any kind.