Broken - The Woman Underneath
Broken - The Woman Underneath debuted at the prestigious Salmagundi Art Club, NYC in January 2020.
This mixed media print series The Woman Underneath takes a hyper-realistic approach to explore women's true identity underneath layers of synthetic textures: Cracked and finally Broken through.
Because of self- or societal-imposed expectations to be "good," "pretty," or "successful," and "having it all;" I cannot recall when we actually see women, including myself, as simply who we are, without the many layers of artifice.
To represent this concept, I digitally manipulated real life textures into "skins," which I then blended with my hand-drawn illustration of the subject. Despite the hard shell look, and sometimes porous surface, each texture was chosen to accent the woman’s emotional state. Sometimes they blended perfectly, other times they looked just like an ill-fitted body armor that locks us in.
Broken is the second work in the two work series, the first is Cracked.
• This artwork is created by 1 layer of watercolor mixed with 2 layers of ink illustration and digital textures, then digitally printed on gallery-grade aluminum dibond metal.
• You will see paper textures and pencil marks on the print and it is normal!
• Size: 20" x 24"
• Limited edition of 10 and each comes with a signed certificate via email.
• It is unframed and comes with a hanging device on the backside of the dibond.
• Back stamp confirming the edition number you just purchased is also printed on the backside of the aluminum dibond. If you choose, I can also add your name to the back stamp to show ownership :)
• You can choose to add your name to the back stamp.
• This is a made-to-order piece so please give me 14-16 business days to ship to you. Tracking number will be provided once it's shipped.
Fine Art Prints | Original Paintings | Home & Office Decor
- Created by me and will be shipped from my studio unframed inside protective sleeve and either shipping tube or rigid mailer.
- Standard processing time is 2 business days and I will email you the shipment tracking number.
- All fine art prints (open or limited editions) are made to order and printed in my studio using long lasting pigmented ink and on archival matte or archival metallic
- All limited edition prints are signed by me.
Luxury Aluminum Metal Art:
- All metal art prints are super limited editions created by me.
- All metal art prints come with signed certificate via email validating the edition number you just purchased.
- All metal art prints are made to order with standard processing time 7-14 business days, and you will receive tracking email from me. Any in-stock metal art prints will be shipped within 2 business days.
- metal art print comes with hanging wire so framing is not necessary
- All metal art prints are printed on gallery grade aluminum metal with treated surface.
- Artwork will be shipped directly from my metal printer's studio in Florida.
- You can also opt to add your name to the back stamp to show ownership. Please spell your name correctly in the ORDER SPECIAL INSTRUCTION box at checkout.
• All other Original Artworks, Digital Fine Art Prints, and Elevated Home & Office Decor art prints will be processed and shipped directly from my studio within 2 business days.
• Luxury Aluminum Metal art is print-on-demand so please give me 7-14 business days to process your order. I will email you the tracking number once the artwork is shipped. If the metal art is in stock, I will ship directly from my studio in Weehawken NJ also within 2 business days.
• Order Related Inquiries | firstname.lastname@example.org | Please give me 24 hours to get back to you 💕
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
Standard Shipping Within USA via USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground and will take 3-5 business days.
International Shipping I will do not ship outside of USA at this time, thank you for your understanding.
- I gladly accept cancellation of order and refund within 24 hours after purchase. Please email me your order number and cancellation/refund request to email@example.com
- If your artwork arrives damaged, please take photos and email me immediately within 24 hours after receipt to receive full refund in the form of an eGift card of the same value.
Return & Exchanges
Unfortunately, I do not accept returns or exchanges of any kind.